Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Counterintuitivity

Mama mia... That's a lotta hatsa!
Liberal Forces Oppose Solar Development

"A report submitted to the board also on Tuesday shows that at least eight approved solar projects are involved in lawsuits while one recommended for approval by the Planning Commission has been appealed.

And Horne, who points out that labor unions and environmental groups are many times behind the lawsuits, said he doesn’t expect this pattern to change."

Strange eh... You'd think the enviros would be all lovey dovey over these projects. But in a mixed up whacky tabacky way the opposition to these projects is just what the doctor ordered. California needs to seriously re-examine its solar strategy. In particular they need to look at the all-in-costs of building solar farms out in the Imperial Valley that require transmission upgrades to ship the electricity to population centers. If the all-in-costs of those remote farms are greater than the all-in-costs of local solar projects (rooftops, parking lots, brown fields) we should fight the former and focus on the latter.

P.S. I'm not a huge fan of seafood in general but I like a good cup of clam chowder and I absolutely love BBQ'd salmon.

Zen translation... Big ideas in big spaces are small. 

P.P.S. Tomorrow I'm going to have a hard time figuring out WTF I meant there. Gare-on-tee...

P.P.P.S. Captain's Log 10/3/2012 WTF? Who writes this stuff. I do amazing shit when I slurf. Thank god I don't write to my mom. Hmmm... I'm glad I don't speak zen when friends are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment