Sunday, July 28, 2013

Seeing is Believing

This last week I've been driving up and down the west coast with my girl. We've been all over the world together and I've been a solar nerd the whole time. So... Back in the day (2008) we're on a train going from Tokyo to see the monkey bartenders in Utsunomiya. I had a notebook and I counted the roofs I saw with solar - prison scratch style. Sadly, the monkey bartenders had the day off when we arrived in Utsunomiya so we didn't get to see them. Meh... Animal rights are a bitch. 
Funnily enough this last week driving 2500 miles my wife was the scribe... She'd point out all the sites... Solar... Solar... Solar... Very little wind on the drive... One stretch in the Bay with a bank of turbines... and one other 1.5 MW straggler on a farm in Oregon. 
But wow... The I-5 in California, Oregon and Washington is diff-er-ent... Solar didn't just sneak in since the last time I drove the route... It's all in and then some. One thing I didn't see was new construction with PV. That was disappointing but hey... It'll come. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment